Speaker of the House
1. bicameral state legislature (1 point)
2. unicameral state legislature (1 point)
3. presiding officer of the lower house (1 point)
4. presiding officer of the upper house (1 point)
5. head of the state executive branch (1 point)
6. This is NOT a function of a state constitution. (2 points)
outlines methods of election
creates the structure of government
provides for separation of powers
7. This is part of the state constitution amendment process. (2 points)
proposals and ratification
8. This is issued by the state to make the incorporated community legal. (2 points)
mass transit permit
9. This promotes economic growth in cities. (2 points)
10. This is an example of personal property. (2 points)
stocks and bonds
11. A bicameral state legislature is one that (2 points)
has a lieutenant governor.
has two houses.
is half Republican and half Democrat.
12. This is a method by which citizens propose an amendment or a law. (2 points)
13. Once a community is incorporated, the state will (2 points)
appoint a mayor.
form a new government.
appoint a council.
issue a charter.
14. This bars discrimination in housing. (2 points)
Municipality Renewal Act
United States Housing Fund
Open Housing Act
Urban Renewal Act
15. The largest territorial and political subdivision of a state is a (2 points)
16. Local governments receive most of their revenue from
17. Revenue distributed by one level of government to another is called
18. This group has the power to consider changing or replacing a constitution.
19. The care and protection of natural resources is called
20. Local governments are established by (2 points)