H&R Block screwed up my tax return. What can I do?

Postby jon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:52 pm

So I did my taxes with H&R Block on January 27, 2011 and is now February 25 and I still haven't receive my check. So I went to the irs web and check my refund status. When I did it says that it allready have being deposited into my bank account since February 5. Problem is I don't have a dam bank account and I wanted a check sent to my house, and it says so on the paper. It also says that it was sent to a bank account. So what's up? what can I do?
jon

Postby nissyen70 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Take all the info back to HRB and tell them to fix it. You paid them, make 'em do it right.
nissyen70

Postby picford59 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 pm

definitely show H/R your problem
there is nothing they can do but they need to be aware of the problem they created for you
how could they possibly have entered a bank account # for Direct Deposit if you didn't give it to them
or was the refund due to be sent to their office and you would be paid your refund less their fees?
picford59

Postby attewell29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Did you have your fees taken out of your refund? If yes, that's how Block gets the fees, has the refund sent to their bank who takes out the fees and sends you the rest.

In any case, since it was supposedly deposited almost 3 weeks ago, I'd talk to the Block office who did your return and insist they trace it - it shouldn't take THAT long to take out the fees and cut you a check. Possibly the check got lost in the mail from the bank.

Good luck
attewell29

Postby perce79 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Did you have your fees taken out of your refund? If yes, that's how Block gets the fees, has the refund sent to their bank who takes out the fees and sends you the rest.

In any case, since it was supposedly deposited almost 3 weeks ago, I'd talk to the Block office who did your return and insist they trace it - it shouldn't take THAT long to take out the fees and cut you a check. Possibly the check got lost in the mail from the bank.

Good luck
If you had the fees taken out then the IRS puts the fees in an account then the fees come out. Once a check gets printed they call you. The biggest problem we face in the office is that phone numbers we get are not valid. Call the office maybe it is sitting there waiting for you to come in. Doesnt mean it is screwed up.
perce79

Postby kit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 pm

never use H&R Block no more.. they screwed up our taxes too twice few years ago!
kit

Postby dayne42 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:04 pm

So apparently you didn't review your tax return before it was submitted, what could have happened here is H R Block used their bank Information to have the refund direct deposited, and you agreed. Contact H R block to find out where you money is at.

good luck
dayne42

Return to Taxes