Boss wants me to sleep with him, I love him, but he is married and my job at risk.?

Boss wants me to sleep with him, I love him, but he is married and my job at risk.?

Postby shaye » Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi, I'm 21 and I've been working as a receptionist to a company for the past 8 months. I love my job as well as the salary, and I'm comfortable with the timings. I share a good relationship with my boss, who is 45, married and has 2 kids.

I've had a tough time in the past few month as I lost my dad to cancer and it badly affected my professional life for a brief while as I ended up losing my temper to a couple of arrogant customers. Being a reputed company with high standards, I would've immediately faced the axe for my outbursts had it not been for my boss who supported me and gave me another chance. Since then, my performance at work has greatly improved, even to the point where I voluntarily worked over-time just to finish off some extra log reports.

Off-late however, my boss has been acting a bit strange. It started out last month on one of our coffee breaks. He called me to his office on the pretext of work, and he asked me general stuff like how I felt about my job. After the lunch break later that day when he called me to his office once again,the conversations turned more casual on family and relationships. This carried on for a few weeks where I did end up having a thing for him, but I didn't reveal it. I was delusional as he was good looking and he seemed to have all the qualities a woman would ever look for in an ideal man. However, since I knew that he was married, I kept my limits.

For the past 2 weeks, my boss has kept giving me some extra work to the point that I end up working half an hour overtime, when most of the employees have already left and just a handful of us stay behind. It was on these occasions where he made his move and asked me for inappropriate favors or face getting sacked for 'being incompetent'. Emotionally unstable since I loved him and was scared at the same time, I gave in to his demands (I was a fool tbh). When I finally resisted one demand because I knew he was married, he showed me the termination letter and has asked me to sleep with him, or risk losing my job.

I'm really confused because I really love my job, but I risk losing it because of this 'relationship' with my boss whom I have feelings for, but who I also feel is cheating on his marriage.
shaye

Postby robroy » Wed May 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Ah, sexual blackmail, my wife would be all over that.
robroy

Postby albert24 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Get a promotion , a pay raise and most importantly , an iron clad employment contract that specifies a generous pay out for early or unjustified termination.
albert24

Postby orahamm » Wed May 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Report him. What he's doing is wrong.

You're vunerable and he knows it. He's taking advantage of your grief.
orahamm

Postby iustig » Wed May 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Time to spread your ahem, wings.
iustig

Postby colyer75 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Remember that cash payments should not be deposited in the bank; recommend at this point in our economic collapse cycle you buy silver coins in one ounce denominations as a hedge agains inflation and disaster.
colyer75

Postby ray » Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

A man who wants to cheat on his wife and who sexually harasses employees does NOT have "all the qualities a woman would look for in an ideal man," unless your ideal man does not include being a decent or honest person.

You have a classic sexual harassment case. See a lawyer about the legal remedies available to you. Do it now.

Do not, under any circumstances, have s** with your boss or give him any more "inappropriate favors," whatever they may be. That can only end badly-- very badly-- for you.
ray

Postby mardel » Wed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Your job ain't that special, receptionist jobs are a dime a dozen. I wouldn't even consider turning myself into a cheap piece of meat for ANY job, much less a rather common one. You should turn the tables on him and get proof of the way he's acting, then slap a sexual harrassment lawsuit on the company. You make out like a bandit and don't have to end up feeling like a used piece of trash. I find it strange that you find such a gutless sleaze to be attractive in any way.
mardel

Postby deon » Wed May 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Get a lawyer. It is sexual harassment (oh and try to get your hands on that letter. This man will fight dirty but take him down - you are not the first one
deon

Postby chogan76 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:56 pm

I can hardly believe in this day and time a boss would still act like that.... he knows the law about sexual harrassment as well as anyone else !
To me, sounds like a made-up story.
Maybe a guy trying to figure out whether he could take a risk doing this to an employee....
wanting to see people's reaction.

there is no problem here, no boss can nowadays "force" an employee to sleep with him.

Didn't mean to pxxxx you off ! You have NOTHING to worry about, that's my simple answer. You can NOT be fired for not sleeping with him and I would strongly discourage sleeping with him voluntarily - even though you're in "love" with him. I actually think that'a the bigger problem : that you WANT to sleep with him, but what bothers you is that he's married.
chogan76

Next

Return to Jobs