My boyfriend is very verbally abusive when he drinks?

Postby gedda34 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 am

We have been together for a little over a year and i am pregnant i am 26 years old i really thought i was past all this immature stuff...early in the relationship he was very very sweet and caring and thoughtful i thought he was the best guy i have been with in along time...i was so so wrong every time he drinks he turns evil he says the most hateful hurtful things to me and it will go on for hours if i just stand there and then the next day hes pouring out the rest of his beer and saying hes not going to drink anymore but guess what..he always does...and when he says those things to me its always the same things he always says when he drinks so im starting to believe it and it hurts really bad...im also raising his 3 year old daughter the other night he went fishing for 13 hours when i was supposed to have a little break so this morning he came it right before work and i could tell he was on something....speed...i am so so mad right now i don't know what to do...i have an 8 year old son who is so awesome but his dad was cheating on me the whole time and then disappeared i don't want the same thing for this baby but i don't want to put up with this crap anymore because he says hes going to change and he does for a day or a week but it always happens again its really breaking me down not to mention being exhausted from being pregnant and watching his 3 year old when ever i ask from a little break from her he gets pissed off saying watching a 3 year old is not hard and threatens me to find someone else that can do better or call cps to come and get her or something rude and i am at my whits end i should have seen this in the start of the relationship but he did a damn good job hiding it because i can read people rather well...but whats done is done i am pregnant and in this bad situation anybody with any kind of advice or that has been here before any advice would be appreciated
gedda34

Postby eldwin46 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 am

He's a drunk and on drugs. What more do you need to know before you leave?
eldwin46

Postby ald75 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 am

Then why is he still your boyfriend?

He is an alcoholic. WHY do you want to be involved with that?

He is abusive. the verbal abuse WILL expand to abuse of inanimate objects (slamming doors, hitting walls, throwing things), and eventually to physical abuse like shoving, slapping, and eventually hitting with fists and maybe even broken bones or choking. Adn this COULD happen to any children present! Do YOU want to be responsible for taking a DEAD BABY to the ER>

YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS RELATIONSHIP NOW!!!!

No more questions,. he IS NOT going to change, so you have to..

DROP HIM, and find some one sane, safe, and sober.
ald75

Postby caddell » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:39 am

Dump him now! It will not get better...I thought it would, married the guy...looking to divorce him 15 years later - do not make the same mistake I did...IT WILL NOT GET BETTER OVER TIME.
caddell

Postby freca25 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 am

i have been through cps i have been through allot...think of how much your hurting and how much seeing their "dad" like that would hurt your kids. you need to leave until or if he gets better...you can do soo much better and you deserve safe and happy. Leave please before something bad happenes and he goes behond just "verbal abuse" to maybe even one of your kids.
freca25

Postby banbrigge73 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 am

I have one word, LEAVE, where is his daughters mother? Bless her heart, and bless your heart also. Find a family member explain to them the situation, see if they are willing to take this 3 year old child and LEAVE HIM. He needs serious help, and he doesn't need to be around you or his daughter in that state.
banbrigge73

Return to Jobs