My boyfriend was invited to a wedding without me! Should he go?

Postby fabre82 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:47 pm

My boyfriend was invited to one of his girl friends weddings. I was not invited. Her wedding was not a last minute wedding. Therefore she knew about me. My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year.
My boyfriends friend was also invited.
She had said she MUST meet everyone that goes to ger wedding before she invites them.
I met her at the club. I'm fine with her but she seems to not like me with my boyfriend.
My boyfriends friend who was also invited barely started to date a girl ( I would say 2 months) He asked her if his gf can go. I couldn't hear everything clearly...but all I heard was what they wanted to eat. So therefore I assumed they're going.

***I'm still not invited****

She tell's my bf to call her.
My boyfriend calls her to see if I can go.
She say's she forgot to ask her husband.
*** days later***
We call.
She says: oh we have to finalize the guest list. If people don't go then she can take their spot.

****days later****
we call his friend ( the guy one)
we called him to get another friends phone number.
We also ask are you going to her wedding.
Hé says no. He's going out of town.
So then I'm like ok yaya!!! That means I get to go!

I think it was the next day or 2 days later.
She calls my bf.
Leaves a msg.
Saying I can not go. They had finalized the guest list & there's no room.
But she has no idea that I know that his friends not going.

______________________________________…

So I am a bit bitter towards the situation that she's going back on her word. I don't care if she likes me or not. But the fact is it makes no sense so if one of your friends got married & just because you didn't meet his or her wife they can't go!? lol.

& her wedding isn't even fancy.
Probably $20-70 per person.
I was planning at the minimum to give her $200 cash & a gift.
lol.
Since I'm a bit bitter I really am putting my bf inbetween her & I. I really don't want him to go. I feel like to this point its her or I. SHould he have to make that decision? Should he go? or not!? I've been putting up with her treating me like ****! I've had enough.
fabre82

Postby watson » Sun May 15, 2011 4:48 pm

hell yes he should!
watson

Postby jarreth » Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 pm

I am planning my wedding right now and you know why I'm stressed? Because of people who think that my wedding is their business and expects too much from me and my fiance.
If she says you can't go, then you can't go. You might be offended, sure. But be the better person and let it go. This is her wedding, in the first place. She is spending money on this, not to mention her time, so I think it's her decision who she wants to invite or not. Although, I personally think that it is rude of her to exclude you since you are obviously a long time girlfriend of her friend (not to mention that you guys are living together!), it is still her prerogative.
And since the wedding is pretty small (20 to 70 people, are you kidding me?! that's just family!), then she probably could not accomodate people she barely know.
Let it go and let your boyfriend go if he wants to. He obviously is a good friend to her that she thinks he's one of the lucky 20 to 70 guests.
jarreth

Postby levi86 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Of course HE should go. The couple has no obligation to invite you as your are neither his wife, not his fiancee.

I don;t understand what's your gripe, it goes like that everywhere.

ETA: Yep, seen this same question many times over. Running out of ideas?
levi86

Postby mauricio » Sun May 15, 2011 4:55 pm

It's her wedding, and her decision weather to invite you or not. It's rude to insist you be invited.
It's up to your boyfriend to decide if he wants to attend or not. Does he think she did anything wrong here?
I think you should drop it.
mauricio

Postby claymore87 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Oh dear God, sweetheart, let it go. You weren't invited. Doesn't matter why - none of the details matter. You weren't invited. Your boyfriend was invited. It is his decision as to whether he goes or not. It's got nothing to do with you. So even though you are obviosuly dying to go to keep an eye on the two of them, you can't - let it go and go find something fabulous to do by yourself with the money you would have spent on the wedding gift.
claymore87

Postby lev28 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:59 pm

You are his girlfriend, not his wife. If this woman doesn't want you at her wedding, there is no reason she should have to invite you. It is HER wedding, after all. And you don't have to go everywhere your boyfriend goes. If this woman is his friend, he should be able to go see her get married without getting a guilt trip from you.
lev28

Postby kitt » Sun May 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Well from all that if your boyfriend really cares about your feelings he would not go but I would leave it up to him. It is obvious the girl does not care for you and does not want you at her wedding other wise she would have invited you knowing you two have been dating for over a year. Also just knowing that you have been dating she should have included a guest on his invite. If your boyfriend does go perhaps you should go party at a club. Maybe you will find someone else that cares about your feelings.

I agree with the people saying it is her wedding and she doesn't have to invite you but your bf does not have to go either. These people coming down on you I can bet they do not have people in their lives that do not accept their boyfriends or girlfriends. He calls this girl a friend but she does not want you in her life so yes it does come down you or her.

The more I think on this the more I think she is trying to set your boyfriend up with one of her single bridesmaids.
kitt

Postby bellden13 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Weddings are expensive and she does not know you well enough to invite.
If the invitation is not plus one then you can not go, just get over it & do
something else that day. All he is going to do is sit with his friends & eat.
You can ask him not to go, but if he wants to go let him and don't be
so insecure about it.
bellden13

Postby ercwiff74 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Stop trolling. You've asked this question many times before over the past few months.
ercwiff74

Next

Return to Money