Can Aarons Lease to own or Rent a center press criminal charges for non payment in Ohio?

Can Aarons Lease to own or Rent a center press criminal charges for non payment in Ohio?

Postby meilyg8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 am

I have fallen behind on payments for a tv. I am about a month behind and plan on paying it when I get my tax returns in a few weeks. I got a message saying they will report the tv stolen. Can they do it or are they just trying to scare me into paying somthing?
meilyg8

Postby beathan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

It's a scare tactic. You entered into a civil agreement with them and they can come repossess the TV but they cannot pursue criminal charges.
beathan

Postby feldun » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am

They can repo it and sue you for breaking the contract

They can't report is stolen unless you have moved without telling them where the set is at
feldun

Postby kolli74 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 am

That's B.S. ... they can only go after repossesion and suing you for what you owe. I suggest you just return the TV and see what happens. GL !!
kolli74

Return to Taxes