Can I ask Bank of America forgive my overdraft fee because they got bailout from my tax money?

Can I ask Bank of America forgive my overdraft fee because they got bailout from my tax money?

Postby hunt22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 pm

I would like to know can I ask Bank of America ask for waive all overdraft fee they had does to me. They always overdraft fee on me a few second before cleared my deposit in balance. Every time I deposit my money in BoA Friday, they said it will be clear on Monday. So I wait until Monday morning and I had purchased breakfast from McDonald and some gas on my car then next thing I found it out they did overdraft fee on me twice before they cleared my deposit. So I told them to close account and refuse to pay overdraft fee. They had been send to collection group that I owe Bank of America $246 overdraft fee in 2008, and now I realize that they got bailout from my tax money and I would like BoA to remove overdraft fee off my name so I can open account at other bank. Is there anything I should know about law on bailout that I can be use it to ask BoA to remove overdraft fee off my name because I paid my money on tax and BoA got bailout.
hunt22

Postby cranstun6 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 pm

I would like to know can I ask Bank of America ask for waive all overdraft fee they had does to me. They always overdraft fee on me a few second before cleared my deposit in balance. Every time I deposit my money in BoA Friday, they said it will be clear on Monday. So I wait until Monday morning and I had purchased breakfast from McDonald and some gas on my car then next thing I found it out they did overdraft fee on me twice before they cleared my deposit. So I told them to close account and refuse to pay overdraft fee. They had been send to collection group that I owe Bank of America $246 overdraft fee in 2008, and now I realize that they got bailout from my tax money and I would like BoA to remove overdraft fee off my name so I can open account at other bank. Is there anything I should know about law on bailout that I can be use it to ask BoA to remove overdraft fee off my name because I paid my money on tax and BoA got bailout.
you can ask - it's not going to do any good
cranstun6

Postby dishi68 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:34 pm

You're one of those people that say to cop's "I pay your wages"... aren't you..
dishi68

Postby marley » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:37 pm

They will not reverse the fee for any reason.
Start saving up an emergency fund.
Living paycheck to paycheck is no way to live.
marley

Postby elvin64 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Bank of America repaid their bailout money. You should repay what you owe as well.

Published: December 3, 2009

NEW YORK - Bank of America's surprise move to pay back $45 billion in federal bailout money ratchets up pressure on rivals Wells Fargo and Citigroup to get out from under the government's thumb
elvin64

Postby elvyn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah, let us know how that works out for you.

You might tell the next police officer that pulls you over that you pay his salary too. I'm sure that will work just as well.

The "always overdraft fee on me a few seond before cleared my deposit in balance" Is this English?!?!?!

If the "always" happens, then perhaps you should stop writing checks before you deposit money. Quit spending every dime you earn. Build up a cash cushion of $500 or so and this will not happen.
elvyn

Postby bogey97 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm

What part of "screwed" do you not understand? You are not going to budge them. Your logic does not hold water either. BoA will squeeze you for every penny possible and they have the muscle to make it happen.
bogey97

Postby cobb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Sure, and while you're at it ask General Motors for a new car.

Seriously though, I believe BofA's policy is to forgive up to 2 overdraft fees in any given 12 month period if the customer asks. Beyond that, its YOUR responsibility to make sure funds are available in your account before you swipe your debit card.
cobb

Postby cheilem100 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Bank of America has already been labeled "crook of the century"

They robbed, stole, lied, cheated every customer they had

They are still on the hot seat and in litigation with the Federal Government for

unethical banking practices
cheilem100

Postby jaymin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:49 pm

That's hilarious. No way.
jaymin

Return to Taxes