Can i find out if im getting my ex's taxes for unpaid child support?

Postby randy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 am

my ex owes someone money n said they took his taxes for child support soi want to find out if im suppose to get his taxes for unpaid child support so i was wondering if there is anyway that i can find out if i am really getting it (maybe he was just lying so e didnt have to pay) florida
randy

Postby mordred7 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:47 am

I think the Florida State child support division would take the tax return to get the support money so you could contact them to see if they did take his tax return and how much you might expect from that and when. You should be able to find out from the child support division there about that where the judgment was issued for the support payments.
mordred7

Postby emiyn16 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 am

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Chances are that the ex claims more dependents than really exist so that less taxes are held to begin with---meaning little or no refund.

Usually in order to get the tax refunds, there has to be a court order --- meaning you have to petition the court to take action to get the tax refund.

The x probably told that story to the other person so that he didn't have to pay that money too.
emiyn16

Return to Taxes