Can i find out who deposited/cashed my check?

Postby hiram99 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 pm

someone stole 2 personal checks out of my checkbook. i found out that both checks were either cashed or deposited into an account. each check was written for $100. my signature was forged as well for them to cash it. is there some way i can find out who cashed the check? like if i contacted my bank would they be able to tell me who the check was written to? and if not would they be willing to at least somehow refund my money since i didnt sign the check off
hiram99

Postby shandy99 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:37 pm

You should call and ask your bank, you need photo ID to cash a check at the bank they'll have the check on file and the dates and times of the transactions, if it was deposited through an ATM into a private account they'll have that account information as well I believe and or the video surveillance from the ATM machine. Just call your bank and find out when and where it was deposited and claim identity theft.

P.s. How did they steal a check out of your checkbook without being close to you? And consider yourself lucky for $100 dollars, sounds like a kid.
shandy99

Postby carrington43 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm

What the person did will land them in jail.
This was someone close to you - perhaps a family member.
I would talk to your family first before calling the bank, since by you requesting an investigation will land the person in jail. This will be on their record for the rest of their lives.
carrington43

Return to Money