Can you get a lip piercing with the clear studs instead of jewelry?

Postby carmel » Wed May 04, 2011 5:52 am

at my job we are not allowed to have visible facial piercings. We can have clear studs. can i get my lip pierced with clear studs?
carmel

Postby prestin4 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 am

Yes, you can get pierced with bioplast.

"Biocompatible polymers (plastics) including Tygon® Medical Surgical Tubing S-50HL or S-54HL, PTFE (Teflon®), or Bioplast™ are considered suitable for new piercings. Tygon is a bio-compatible medical tubing that is highly flexible. It should be changed every few months as it stiffens and discolors from extended wear. PTFE, a white plastic, is widely accepted within the industry. Bioplast was created specifically for piercings and is similar to PTFE, but comes in an array of colors and shapes. These may be worn as a substitute for metal jewelry. With new polymer products coming into the marketplace, check that the product you are purchasing, if not listed above, is USP VI compliant. These can be sterilized in an autoclave."

-Quoted from the Association of Professional Piercers under New! Jewelry for Initial Piercings
prestin4

Postby vogel » Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 am

a bioplast post shouldn't cost more (it may even cost less), go to safepiercing.org for much more info on oral piercings and appropriate materials for fresh piercings.
vogel

Postby earnan100 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:57 am

The Clear studs are plastic, so you can't pierce with them (not sturdy enough) you can do what I did, get it pierced and the same day switch it out to the clear stud. It hurts like crap, and you have to be fast so it doesn't swell shut... But you can let it heal with the clear stud. Just care for it the same way they tell you to with the regular. And if you do switch it out, be 100% sterile about it. Wash your hands, clean the stud and site with alcohol or peroxide so you don't get an infection
earnan100

Postby evarado » Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 am

No, I don't think you can.. you could get it pierced and put the retainer in right after, but I don't recommend that you do.. piercings heal better with metal studs, and there's a risk of infection if you change your piercing jewelery during the healing process.

Goodluck.

x
evarado

Postby gayner2 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:03 am

no you have to pierce it with a metal one and most places say you cant change it for 2 weeks but my friend got hers done and she changed it the next day to a clear one and it was fine
she said it didnt hurt to change it at all
hope i could help
gayner2

Return to Jobs