Does anyone know the stages of processing a e filed federal tax return. I was told thur that my return was.?

Does anyone know the stages of processing a e filed federal tax return. I was told thur that my return was.?

Postby enli » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 am

I was told my return was in the final stage of processing. My refund was delayd to Feb 8Th. I want to know what that means final stage. that was thur am i called fri and it was still not processed. if it was in final stage thur should it have been done Fri
enli

Postby rudy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 am

Good grief. If WMR shows 2/8, why did you call the IRS to ask if it was anything different? You wasted your time calling and you wasted the resources of the IRS and prevented someone with a real problem from getting through.
rudy

Postby yoshi32 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:05 am

Good grief. If WMR shows 2/8, why did you call the IRS to ask if it was anything different? You wasted your time calling and you wasted the resources of the IRS and prevented someone with a real problem from getting through.
Some people have the stupidiest answers. Why are they even on here trying to help people if they are going to be rude? It will update on either Monday monrning or Thursday morning, that is when the IRS website updates. Good Luck!
yoshi32

Postby kenriek » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 am

I got that last year when my return was kicked into error processing due to a computer glitch.

From my experience last year, I will *cautiously* say that "final stages" is a good thing, at least in terms of IRS.

I didn't hear "final stages" until after my refund had been delayed by 2 cycles, right before getting my check mid-February.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
kenriek

Return to Taxes