Getting Money for old jewelry with precious stones in it? Told not to go to the "Cash 4 Gold" people?

Getting Money for old jewelry with precious stones in it? Told not to go to the "Cash 4 Gold" people?

Postby aodhgan6 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I have some old jewelry of my mothers that I want to get rid of. They have emeralds, small diamonds, a ruby, etc.

I read somewhere that going to the Cash 4 Gold places was a bad idea if the jewelry has precious gems in it...

What is the best way to make some cash off my old jewelry?
aodhgan6

Postby mikel57 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

I have some old jewelry of my mothers that I want to get rid of. They have emeralds, small diamonds, a ruby, etc.

I read somewhere that going to the Cash 4 Gold places was a bad idea if the jewelry has precious gems in it...

What is the best way to make some cash off my old jewelry?
Amazing! I find this. url_not_allowed.info/283173/precious-stones
mikel57

Postby cleit » Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I buy and sell gold for a living. Cash for gold is an OK way to sell your gold and they do pay OK money. However, why not go to a pawn shop and support the local economy?? They will pay you just as much if not more, and you will get your money today not in 2 weeks or more. With cash for gold you are selling to some stranger who is making hundreds of thousands of dollars every week. Support small business.

No offense hon, but the stones are almost completely worthless. Diamond chips are worthless, and 80% of birth stones are man made junk. Even if you have a genuine natural emrald its not worth very much at all. I suggest you take some pliers and pop the stones out and keep them yourself. Thats what the pawn shop is going to do anyway.

Cash for gold WILL scratch your jewelry and leave a small mark on it. They may also burn it with acid, so if you dont like their price your stuck with a scratched or burnt ring with no monies.

Also, cash for gold is only interested in gold. If you bought a diamond ring from a jewelry store who ripped you off selling you a 1/4carat diamond with 2.5g 14k gold for $900, cash for gold would offer you $35 for it. How nice. A pawn shop would give you more

Support small business whether its with your gold, pizza, watch or anything els. Its often cheaper and you get more info on your product. Buying an Ipod from walmart you wontk now the first thing about it. A pawn broker will tell you every single thing about it

Good luck and God bless
cleit

Postby neddie49 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:02 pm

20/20 found that your local pawn shop paid more for you jewelery than Cash4gold.

You can try ebay and see if you can get closer to the retail value of your jewelry.
neddie49

Return to Money