Had tax refund direct deposited into someone elses account and their bank rejected deposit what should i do?

Had tax refund direct deposited into someone elses account and their bank rejected deposit what should i do?

Postby jerick » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am

They'll probably send a check in the mail.
jerick

Postby adamek97 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:47 am

The IRS will mail a check to you at the address you listed on your tax return. Expect a 3-4 week delay. You CANNOT do a DD into an account that doesn't have your name on it - that's a fraud prevention safeguard.
adamek97

Postby macartan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 am

The IRS will cut a check and mail it to you at the address you put on your tax return. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for the check to arrive.

It's not possible to change the method of payment once the return is accepted by the IRS so you can't substitute a different account.
macartan

Postby auhert31 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 am

A very good start would be to plan on having some more patience now since the account number that you used on your 1040 income tax return rejected the refund amount and now the IRS will issue you a paper check and mail the paper check to the address that you entered on your 1040 income tax return when you filed it because that is your address that they have on record for your mailing address si just have some more patience and it should be coming to you in the mail in a few weeks depending on your local mail delivery service.
Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful for your situation and good luck to you with this matter.
auhert31

Postby beamard57 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:53 am

you will wait for IRS to reissue your refund in a paper check and mailed to your address on your return
beamard57

Postby royston » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 am

Of course the bank rejected the refund check, your name isn't on their account
IRS will send you a paper check in 3-6 weeks from the date they receive the rejection notice.

good luck
royston

Postby ven20 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 am

Notify the IRS of your correct bank account number.
ven20

Return to Taxes