We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe othe?

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe othe?

Postby delrick » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 am

THIS IS WHAT THE WMR SAYS. If i had any errs i would know by now right?

I filed the 14th and its said this for some time now. If i was not going to get a direct deposit i would sure of got a letter by now or something right? A new message or something
delrick

Postby korey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am

Not likely - the IRS batches their returns to process, so you have to give them at least two weeks to get it processed and update the message.

Also - if you itemized your deductions, it could take longer this year because their computers were not ready to handle all the changes that were put in place at the end of the year.
korey

Postby rocky54 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 am

The errors are not known by the computer. But let's say last year you owed Federal or state taxes, and they have put a hold on some money; or you owe school loans to the government, and the federal government is taking some of your money. They computers will settle these things. But if you are like most people, what you figured is what you will get back. Just be patient.
rocky54

Postby misi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 am

It usually updates over the weekend. In my experience, it changes to the message that the refund will be direct deposited on the Wednesday prior to the date it is deposited. Don't sweat it.
misi

Return to Taxes