We have received your tax return and it is being processed/ you should receive your refund by March 15, 2011?

We have received your tax return and it is being processed/ you should receive your refund by March 15, 2011?

Postby quinn87 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Ok so here is the deal i paid a tax preparer to Efile my taxes on 1/24/11 she call me me 1/27/11 to tell me that my refund had been rejected cause some one had already used my ss number and said i would have to do a paper return.so the next day i went and she gave me my stuff to mail of with it i inclosed proof that its my ss number and i stayed at my address all year and no one else should have claim me mind you im 32 and been fileing on my own for years now,

So i got tracking on it they got it 1/29/11 last thursday 2/10/2011 on the where my refund site its say.
We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by March 15, 2011.

What i want to know is this just a date they put up to give them time to process and i may get it as soon as 2/18/11 or will it realy take this long i have my truck in the sho and realy need this money to get it out.
quinn87

Postby adolfo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:00 pm

It is an estimated date of when you will receive it. While it could be entirely possible that it will come earlier, I do think that getting it by this weekend is a bit of a stretch. There have been numerous delays in processing for many many people (myself included) who had no issues with their return. The IRS seems to be running about a week behind this year or more. I wish you good luck though!
adolfo

Postby lawson44 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Because they have to cross-reference the information they already have, and make sure that you can file a valid tax return with your SSN, it will take longer than normal. It is not likely that you'd receive the refund before March 15th, though it's possible.
lawson44

Return to Taxes