How can I get help with transportation home when I am stuck and stranded out of state?

How can I get help with transportation home when I am stuck and stranded out of state?

Postby einian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello, yes my friend is stuck out in a different state and doesn't have a place to stay. Does anybody know how she can get help with transportation so she can get home? She is in Lousville, Kentucky and needs to get home to Dallas, Texas. I have heard of a program that is ran by the government, that will pay for a bus ride when you are stranded in a different state to get you home to your resident state. I looked on the internet but I can find anything on it. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated. She is only 25 years old, and she is a very precious, sensitive girl and she is not safe becuase she doesn't have a place to stay and she doesn't know anybody there and she doesn't have any money. She doesn't have any family that she can count on and I would send her money but I recently lost my job and I am bearly making it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
einian

Postby dewey90 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Tell her to contact the Salvation Army,they may be able to help.
dewey90

Postby dewain4 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 pm

A bus ticket should not be that much, put it on a credit card.
dewain4

Postby taber76 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm

She might try contacting the local "chamber of commerce" and ask for a referral to the proper agency/authorities.
taber76

Postby orvin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Greyhound bus lines used to have a program where they would give a ride to runaways to get home. I am not sure if they still do that and or if your friend is in that boat.

Another option would be to send a Western union mooney order to her to buy a bus ticket and food.

A ticket from Louisville to Dallas is $128

....://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx
orvin

Return to Money