How can i get properly discharged from the army national guard?

Postby ranald » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 am

Hey everybody, i'm 17 years old and a PV2 in the army national guard (michigan). I've been really gung-ho about being a soldier and been anxious to do this, however, some very tough times have fallen on my family in the past few months. i Ship to BCT in june, and need to know how i could get discharged to help my family. Long story short, my brother has cancer, my fathers gotten sick, and my sister is pregnant, and i'm the only one who has a job with security. I'm trying to help keep my family healthy and it's not a good time at all for me to leave. i would like to re-enlist later on in life but right now is not a good time for me to be gone for 6 months. please do not slam me because i need out, because i'll just delete your answer and tell you you're a jackass. i'm 17 and trying to help keep my family and girlfriend all happy and healthy and seeing as i'm the only one who has the ability to work right now means i need to do this. so please, legitimate answers only and thank you to anyone who helps me. God bless!
ranald

Postby rawls28 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 am

You should talk to an Army Chaplain to find out your options.
Chaplains can often help guide you thru this and they have a world of knowledge in this area.
Another way would be to try get your shipping out date deferred if possible.
Perhaps the Chaplain can help with that also.
Good Luck.
rawls28

Postby bhric51 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:00 am

I no you wont legit but no one else has answered this since while i am writing you a answers (I am not in the army)

you could maybe transfer regiment were you don't need ship out for 6 months

you could go to your Superior and ask for a years leave of something and explain what has happened he might be understanding (I dont no if you could do this)

you could get hurt just before you go away like jump off a highish wall and you might break your leg or ankle

maybe if you prove you are not ready fall behind in all your training do not complete it
bhric51

Postby beattie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:02 am

I'm sure whatever job you found as a 17 year old is a better long term career with more benefits than the military. Good plan.
beattie

Return to Jobs