How do I find out if someone has filed tax return?

Postby aldan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:05 pm

My sons DOUCHE BAG father owes me 22grand in back child support and its my understanding that I get his taxes IF he files a tax return. He makes so much money and I'm here working part time and not making anything busting my *** trying to make it. Don't know his SS# just know what state he lives in, someone help me pls- and im not one of those "Money Hungry Women" he was abusive and very mean hate-full guy that's why I left
aldan

Postby bowdoin71 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:07 pm

You don't normally get his refund automatically without doing something to file a claim for it. Have you hit him for past due child support through support enforcement? I am an attorney...I know it can be difficult if he lives in another state, but most states now offer support enforcement programs at no cost to the mother. If there is no such program where you live, I would sure recommend that you speak with an attorney. Most states now have various programs to enforce support. Some will go as far as taking away driver's licenses....fishing licenses...anything the state issues a license for, as well as possible jail time for someone who continues to refuse to make any effort toward payment.
bowdoin71

Postby blakelie92 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Put pressure on the Child Support Enforcement Agency, also google Department of Human Resources for your state or his ..press them for action also.
IRS will see that you get the refund if he filed, if he didn't file for whatever reason he is just digging his own hole for it will catch up to him in the future.
blakelie92

Postby kingswell38 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:11 pm

its illegal to check that yourself. go with what the attorney said and make sure u know a person well before having kids with them! but hey, i hope all still go well for you and your son, and keep trying hard and keep your head up.
kingswell38

Return to Taxes