How do i get emancipated in michigan as a 16 year old?

Postby drugi » Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm

well, I feel as if I'm mature enough, if i have to i'll prove it in front of a judge...I'm 16 years old...I was planning on finishing school,just not with my family around..I was planning on living with my girl friend in Pennsylvania...Which her mother is completely aware of and in complete compliance...and she wouldn't mind supporting me until I get a job there...So, how would I get emancipated..Does any one Know?
drugi

Postby muir37 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 pm

How to Begin

To begin a proceeding for emancipation, you (the petitioner) must be at least 16 years of age. Complete the Petition for Emancipation, form PC 100, and file it with the circuit court in the county where you live. To rescind (cancel) an order of emancipation, either the minor or a parent of the emancipated minor can complete and file the Petition to Rescind Order of Emancipation, form PC 102. The cost of filing either petition is $150.00.

Petition for Emancipation

You are required to read the laws about emancipation in the Status of Minors and Child Support Act, MCL 722.1 through 722.6 before you sign the petition part of the form. You must also attach a copy of your birth certificate to the petition.

The affidavit part of the form must be completed by one of the following individuals who has personal knowledge of your circumstances and believes that under those circumstances emancipation is in your best interests: a physician, nurse, member of the clergy, psychologist, family therapist, certified social worker, social worker, social work technician, school administrator, school counselor, teacher, law enforcement officer, or regulated child care provider.

Issuing a Summons
The court must issue a summons commanding the parent(s) or guardian of a minor to appear at a hearing on a petition. The court will schedule the time and place for the hearing when you file the petition and will "issue" the summons by dating and signing it.
muir37

Postby clayten50 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Just satisfy your parents and think of your marriage don't act silly
no one mature at 17
if you want
you will be a loser in life
clayten50

Postby conall14 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:29 pm

yes this is the fine answere by winzip
conall14

Postby edmyg41 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:31 pm

One of the first qualifications is that you be able to totally support yourself without any help. Living with a girlfriends family will not qualify. You have to have a job with sufficient income to provide for all of your needs and still be able to complete school and your parents must agree.
edmyg41

Return to Jobs