How long does a Manuel review/ pending review for state of Michigan taxes take?

Postby treacy35 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 am

I filed my state taxes and I have my MI 1040 and 2 additional credits. One of my credits shows as completed and the MI 1040 and my other credit have a pending review status. I read the explanations and the pending review says that the means Treasury's computerized system selected your return for a manual review. so I have a couple questions why would they only pick a part of my return? How long does that usually take, when Will I get my refund back? It says in June but does it usually take that long?

thanks!
treacy35

Postby gerrell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:32 am

I filed my state taxes and I have my MI 1040 and 2 additional credits. One of my credits shows as completed and the MI 1040 and my other credit have a pending review status. I read the explanations and the pending review says that the means Treasury's computerized system selected your return for a manual review. so I have a couple questions why would they only pick a part of my return? How long does that usually take, when Will I get my refund back? It says in June but does it usually take that long?

thanks!
There are a number of reason why certain parts of a return are selected for review. Other than random selection the most common is when the item being reviewed is more than the norm for some one with the same circumstances. 60 days is not uncommon. It may involve them sending you letters requesting additional information. If that is the case respond quickly to help the process along*
gerrell

Return to Taxes