How long does it take for a direct deposit rejected by a bank turn into a paper check with the IRS?

How long does it take for a direct deposit rejected by a bank turn into a paper check with the IRS?

Postby rusell100 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 am

So.. While having someone file my taxes they entered an extra four numbers on my account number, while keeping the routing number the same. I tried calling the bank and they assured me that the account number would not be valid therefore rejecting my refund and it will be sent as a paper check. Does this have any truth to it? and if so how long will it take before i get my check?
rusell100

Postby efrayim6 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:26 am

Three to four weeks.
efrayim6

Postby dunstan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 am

About two weeks for the rejection to be processed and then 2 to 3 weeks to process a check.
dunstan

Postby doran » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 am

About two weeks for the rejection to be processed and then 2 to 3 weeks to process a check.
So you didn't review the tax return before signing and submitting.

You will receive a paper check in about 3-6 weeks once rejected.

Contact IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for any further issues with your refund

good luck.
doran

Return to Taxes