How long does it take to get any of the UNused Pell Grant money refunded back?

Grant Money - Questions & Answers

Postby parthalan94 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 pm

How long does it take to get any of the UNused Pell Grant money refunded back to you? I will start classes on 1/17/11 and I was wondering how long before you will get anything back. My advisor said if you get any, they put it onto a Visa card instead of a check.
parthalan94

Postby adamson » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 pm

How long does it take to get any of the UNused Pell Grant money refunded back to you? I will start classes on 1/17/11 and I was wondering how long before you will get anything back. My advisor said if you get any, they put it onto a Visa card instead of a check.
adamson

Postby xiomar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:20 pm

The school has up to 14 days to give you a refund. If your aid comes in on the first day of classes, they would have until 1/31 to give you a refund. How the refund comes back is up to the school - usually either a check or direct deposit, or the cards are becoming more widespread.
xiomar

Postby garnet » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 pm

careers.scienceontheweb.net - it provides some tips about applying to US federal and state grants for college students.
garnet

Return to Grant Money