HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A TAX RETURN BACK FROM TURBO TAX ( DIRECT DEPOSIT ) IF FILLED OUT JAN 24TH?

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A TAX RETURN BACK FROM TURBO TAX ( DIRECT DEPOSIT ) IF FILLED OUT JAN 24TH?

Postby calin86 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 am

I READ SOMEWHERE IT SAID 7-10 DAYS BUT I DONT WANT IT TO NOT BE RIGHT. IF I FILE IT THE 24TH WILL IT BE HERE BY FEB 3?
calin86

Postby dennis80 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 am

1) A "Tax Return" is the form you filed with the IRS (1040, 1040A). The form you filed with your state (if applicable) is also a "Tax Return".
2) When you overpay your taxes (federal or state), you receive a "Tax Refund"
3) Turbo Tax is the software you used to prepare your tax returns. You will not get a refund from Turbo Tax. If you are due a refund it will come from the IRS and/or your state tax department.
4)Turbo Tax does not control the IRS but they tell you 7-10 days to give you an idea.
5) Refunds that are being directly deposited are processed on Fridays. If your tax return was accepted before Wednesday, you can expect to get your refund on the Friday of the following week.
6) If you don't get your refund by the date you expect, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool on the IRS' website at www.irs.gov
dennis80

Postby rafaello » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 am

you can't count on the estimates
there are many reasons a tax return can be held up which will affect your refund date
rafaello

Postby chaim77 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 am

Here is a link to the refund cycle chart for people who efile.

url_not_allowed.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf
chaim77

Return to Taxes