1) A "Tax Return" is the form you filed with the IRS (1040, 1040A). The form you filed with your state (if applicable) is also a "Tax Return".
2) When you overpay your taxes (federal or state), you receive a "Tax Refund"
3) Turbo Tax is the software you used to prepare your tax returns. You will not get a refund from Turbo Tax. If you are due a refund it will come from the IRS and/or your state tax department.
4)Turbo Tax does not control the IRS but they tell you 7-10 days to give you an idea.
5) Refunds that are being directly deposited are processed on Fridays. If your tax return was accepted before Wednesday, you can expect to get your refund on the Friday of the following week.
6) If you don't get your refund by the date you expect, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool on the IRS' website at www.irs.gov