How long does the entire enlistment process for the airforce usually take on average?

How long does the entire enlistment process for the airforce usually take on average?

Postby macneill » Thu May 12, 2011 7:15 pm

one, two, three - seven, eight, nine months? I want to leave as soon as possible but I also want to have a job i want to do... how does the job placement work?
macneill

Postby abooksigun » Thu May 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Anywhere from 6 to 12 months after first talking to the recruiter, to shipping to basic training.

2. You do NOT get to choose the AFSC you want in the AF.

You will list 5 AFSC's at MEPS, then they will decide if you get one of those 5 AFSC's, an open aptitude area contract or they offer a completely different AFSC.

All job assignments are competitive

IE: job assignments are based on who has the highest qualifying MAGE score, those with the highest score who want the job, get assigned the job first.
abooksigun

Postby ori » Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm

The length of time it takes depends on the job you want to do. If you enlist open general, they can get you to basic training in weeks not months. While you are in basic training they will tell you what job will do. If you want a specific job, you will have to wait for an opening.
ori

Postby hubert » Thu May 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Job placement depends on your ASVAB score and the needs of the Air Force.
hubert

Return to Jobs