How do you remove the glue from a old police car?

Postby ossy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:22 pm

I have a old police car I removed the stickers but it left behind a lot of glue I have use goof off but its takes forever.. any ideas on how to remove the glue left on the car without messing up the paint job n is much faster
ossy

Postby blais5 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 pm

next time you have to remove stickers, use a hair dryer, and heat the sticker up, it helps the glue stay with the sticker. removing glue from paint is painfully slow, the older the glue, the harder it is, the problem is its easy yo damage paint. goof off is good stuff, and its easy on paint. gasoline will work too, but, do not do this in a closed garage, rub lightly, or it will mess up the paint (I have never used gas on clearcoat) I did small area at a time, and had to rewax the paint three times to get the wax and other things paint needed. Do no get gas on hands, buy the gloves from auto parts store, anything that gas gets near (like you, your clothes, your hair, whatever will stink like gas (and you will not be able to tell) good luck be careful and go lightly and slowly.
blais5

Postby carmine » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 pm

url_not_allowed.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS384US384&q=glue+removers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17027395775818818915&sa=X&ei=mo6ATdOZOMX3gAfKxPCTCA&ved=0CEEQ8wIwAw
carmine

Postby duarte » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Rub some Go Jo on the area and leave it overnight. Go heavy on really glued up places.

Wipe off the next morning and rinse with cold water
duarte

Postby fyffe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Use a heat gun (a very hot hair dryer blowing will do fine).
You should be able to roll it off once it is hot.
fyffe

Return to Jobs