My Ex-Husband had his Tax Refund Intercepted for child Support. About how long before I get the check?

My Ex-Husband had his Tax Refund Intercepted for child Support. About how long before I get the check?

Postby hen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:24 am

Has anyone been through this? He filed with Turbo Tax online. I live in Florida. They finally intercepted his refund for past due child support. He filled Single (no injured spouse). I've heard anywhere from 1-6 months on the refund.
~He owes over 6,000 in back child support and wants me to "split" his refund with him~
hen

Postby mona97 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

Probably around 3 months. Any why in the world does he think you should split it with him, since he owes ALL of it and probably more to you? I'd tell him to pound salt.
mona97

Postby heanford » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

I would say anywhere from 10 to 12 weeks! split it with him...........? did you laugh at him?
heanford

Postby eoghan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am

Due to the high rate of false claims being made, it is taking up to six months so that the can clarify the validity of the claim.
eoghan

Return to Taxes