IRS says they are reviewing my return and will contact for more information?

Postby anerae » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 pm

For almost two weeks I have been waiting on my refund since it was accepted on the 28th of January. Now the new message is...We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information from you. When you receive the notice, please provide the requested information within 30 days. You may not receive all or a part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested from you. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.

Ok please help me someone.

I am single, and I do itemize. I usually have never had a problem, and have even lost 20000 in income last year.

Will they contact me for sure? Or since it's under review could that change? Since I have have been reading on blogs, is the IRS update site behind at times?
anerae

Postby keillan57 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Most likely they randomly chose you to show proof of your itemized deductions. Not a big deal, make sure you gather all of this proof now so you can be ready to get it in the mail the moment word arrives so you can get your refund fast.
keillan57

Postby kent » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 pm

They are going to mail you a notice and let you know what they are requesting to finish processing your return.I wish you all the best.
kent

Postby caio21 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Oh, yes, they will contact you. Did you claim any "unusual" deductions?
caio21

Postby seth » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi there , I saw your question and just had to respond to you. I was so confused and searching for a way to make money, so I could replace the job I was downsized from. I tried a ton of different programs online with very little results. I finally landed on an opportunity where I have been able to see results and also an income quicker than anything I've ever seen before.

I wish I had this information when I first got started looking for what everyone online was saying about making money from home. WOW! Who knew you could make money, even if you don't have any computer skills or business experience (you don't need it with this). You can honestly learn and earn while building your business and your skills! God Bless and Good Luck!
seth

Return to Taxes