If I've lost respect for my boyfriend, is there any hope left for us?

Postby aingeni46 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:51 pm

I dated this guy for more then 3 years, it was kind of love at first sight but alot of under lying sexual attraction. Our relationship was just perfect, we both were each others first, we had so much in common, we could do anything together. After a tramatic event happened between him and me occured around our 2 year anniversary thing went down hill, I became depressed, I blamed him for what happened to me, alot of fighting, and I no longer wanted to have s** with him, ever. We kept things going even though things werent going well (I'm thinking because we both didn't want to try and find someone else because we were just comfortable with each other). I started to become bored of sitting around his house, we never went on dates, ever, he never had a job so he never would spend money. All he wanted to do was fish and ride bikes (hobbies of his that I use to pretend to like, but hate more then anything). I lost respect for him, I really didn't care what I said or did to him, and he seemed to want was s**. I left him several times and got back with him to give him second chances, things would be great for a couple days, and go back to the horrible boring relationship it once was. He just won't change. But my question is, is there really any hope left for this relationship? Can I really just gain back respect for someone? I enjoy his company but he constantly disrespects me by touching sexual, which angers me but he just won't stop. Should I just cut my loses? Can things get better if I try to make things work? Or will it always end up the same horrible way?
aingeni46

Postby altmann84 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

think about this do you love him?does he love you?if so you need to talk out your problems
altmann84

Postby vincente » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:56 pm

things wont get better. sorry. take some time off of dating for a year or two, and focus on your self, thats what i did.
vincente

Postby merestun78 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:57 pm

The truth is that there is nothing there. Leave him. It's gonna be hard cause you are so use to him. There's this saying that what your use to hurts more than love. Your so use to him and that's why it's hard to let go but you have to. You are just wasting time on someone who doesn't and will not make you happy. Love is a commitment not a feeling and if you and him are not willing to commit just let it go.
merestun78

Postby gwri24 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:59 pm

You should try to make it work! Don't just lie around his house and do nothing. Plan a surprise party or do something unexpected occasionally. If he doesn't respond to that then maybe it wasn't meant to be.
gwri24

Postby clifford63 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:00 pm

hello to routine land...were there is no hope to go back to earth...unless you end it
clifford63

Return to Money