Is it okay to send someone a copy of the title to my car so they can see if they can get a loan from a bank?

Is it okay to send someone a copy of the title to my car so they can see if they can get a loan from a bank?

Postby lorette » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 am

I'm selling a car for the first time and an interested buyer said he needs a copy of the title of my car so he can get a auto loan. Is that normal to get a auto loan?
lorette

Postby staunton » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

NO!!!! absolutely not! this is a scam, they can use that copy to do all kinds of illegal thing all in your name!! the scam is they get a title loan in your name then when they don't pay the loan broker has all of your info and comes to take your car. It's another form of ID theft
staunton

Postby darold » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 am

I wouldn't do that. Someone can take the VIN number and other info from the title and post a fake ad on a car selling website to try to sell YOUR car. In order to tell someone if they are likely to get a loan for a particular car all I'm aware they should need is the cars' make, model, year, condition and the buyer's personal and financial info. If the bank approves the loan they may require to have the title taken or forwarded to them before releasing the money, but I would not release a copy of the title to the seller, at least not without some sort of meaningful cash deposit. I would also offer to the buyer that you will go to their bank with them and let the bank officer see the title.
darold

Postby caramichil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 am

No way. You are getting played, big time.
All he needs is the VIN #. The bank has everything they need from that to verify a loan amount.

Personally, I just wouldn't do business with this person, at all.
caramichil

Postby priour » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:10 am

This sounds like a scam. The bank doesn't need to see the title. I suspect you may suffer fraud / crime shortly afterwards. E.g. he will transfer the car to his name without paying you anything or use the details on another stolen car to make it look genuine. In the latter case, expect a call from the police investigating you for the crime.

Also when selling your car beware of fake cheques and banker's drafts. Especially if someone offers you a cheque/draft made out for more than the asking price and wants you to give them money back, then it is almost certainly a fake that will bounce and they have your money and the car.
priour

Postby pieter88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 am

Holy snikies thats a lot of spam responses.
pieter88

Postby zander74 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:12 am

No!
zander74

Postby kyrksen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:14 am

I am Monica Woods from USA, If you are looking for a reliable and trusted loan company to get a loan from then I will advise you to contact standard loan firm, I got a loan from that company three months ago and I am very sure they can still help you. This is the email standardloanfirm@live.com
kyrksen

Postby garren » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 am

There are plenty of places and sources that offer loans for people with bad credit with no-hassle applications and easy requirements.

Some of these lenders even offer 1 minute approvals, and have both secured and unsecured loans, depending on your emergency need and situation. Check the site listed below, it has information and bad credit lenders listed off and on.here some good for you.

url_not_allowed.bestonlineloancompanies.com

Good luck!..
garren

Postby robertrodriguez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 am

No, just give him the vin#.
robertrodriguez

Return to Loans