If i owe back child support in one state but live and work in another state will they take my tax refunds?

If i owe back child support in one state but live and work in another state will they take my tax refunds?

Postby atty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

The IRS will. Depending on the agreement between states, your state return may be taken.
atty

Postby geovany58 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am

If you can't afford to pay your child support, why are you letting the government keep YOUR money all year, then getting it back as a refund?!?!?! Adjust your withholding so that yo udon't get a refund. This will allow you to take more of YOUR money home each paycheck and you can help to pay for your child's expenses.
geovany58

Postby healy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 am

Once the IRS knows where you are, yes. Also, in some states, your drivers license is withheld unless you are on track
healy

Postby bjartur » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 am

Yes they will ... they may give you your refund now .... but they'll come back to get you later ... they LOVE to collect the intrest!
bjartur

Postby domhnull81 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 am

Yes they are it don't matter what state your in
domhnull81

Return to Taxes