Passing nicotine testing for employment?

Postby merwyn25 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 pm

I have just been offered a job from a company that I have been wanting to work for for years. After a 3 tier interview process and a day of testing, I got the job position.
One of the things I now have to do is go for a physical and a drug test. I'm not worried about illegal drugs. However, to work for this company, an employee cannot use any tobacco products,even in their personal life.
I quit smoking 6 months ago (because I so wanted this job). Two weeks ago, my sister had something to celebrate and I shared a bottle of champagne & a big Cuban cigar with her.
The drug test that I must take (next week) includes a nicotine test. I'm concerned that I may not pass.
How much nicotine is necessary to show-up on a blood test? How long must there be before my system is clear of it? How is it tested for? Are there different testing methods? Thanks in advance.

PS. I KNOW that nicotine testing is fascist. Please don't waste your time replying if that's your comment. This job is worth it.
merwyn25

Postby hulbart66 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Stopping smoking is a pretty simple thing to do... in principle. Maybe because of it sounding so easy it catches people off guard and ultimately makes it much more difficult to quit.

There are a lot of products out there that can help you to stop smoking. Which is best for you depends on many factors and ultimately the only person that knows which is best for you is you.

The best thing to do when you are looking to stop smoking is to find out what options you have, and then decide which sounds best for you.

Here's a website that lists the different things that are out there to help you stop smoking.
hulbart66

Return to Jobs