2. After refusing the hot milk and coffee that Ruth offers him, Walter demands, "Why you always
trying to give me something to eat?" What is Ruth's reply? What does her reply reveal about their marriage
3. Why is Ruth so excited about the new house? How does she believe that life will be different for the family?
4. What reasons does Mama give Walter for purchasing the house? What problems does she hope that the house will solve?
5. What is ironic about Mama's comment, "Walter Lee-it makes a difference in a man when he can walk on floors that belong to him...?"
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, Mama shows that she is sensitive to her children't needs. How does she show this sensitivity to Beneatha?To Walter? What has caused this change?
7. Is Walter's speech to Travis at the end of scene 2 realistic? Explain. In what way is this scene similar to the scene in which Walter gives Travis the 50 cents?
8. How is the relationship between Walter and Ruth changed in Act 2, Scene 3? What has caused this change?
9. What are Lindner's arguments against the Youngers' move into Clybourne Park? how might Lindner define brotherhood?
10. Mrs. Miniver is a character in a movie about world war 2. She tends her garden despite the bombs falling nearby. why does the family call Mama "our own Mrs. Miniver"?
11. What news does Bobo bring? Why is Walter unable to accept this news? Has Bobo lost as much money as Walter? Explain.
12. What does Walter mean when he says, "that money was made out of my father's flesh"?
13. Why does Beneatha cry "Mama" over and over at the end of Scene 3? How have Walter's actions affected her?