Sometimes my husband leaves me stranded and it pi$$es me off?

Postby sonny4 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

We only have 1 car, so sometimes he will drop me off places (to parties, library, etc.) and he won't come pick me up for hours. Or he'll just say "get a ride from someone" or "take the bus home." Sometimes I don't mind, if he is in a different town, then I arrange to take the bus home anyways. But sometimes I don't have bus money and I always get rides from friends/family and it's so embarrassing for me. Last time he dropped me off to someone's house and I confirmed with him several times if he'll come pick me up and he said yes, and when I called him to pick me up, he said he's not coming. I was so pissed off at him! I told him that I don't like it and he keeps doing it, what should I do? How can I tell him so he stops doing it?
sonny4

Postby ruadhan76 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Next time, tell him that's ok, I don't need a ride.
"Big Jake" is going to give me a ride home on his Harley...
He should be there 10 minutes early to pick you up....
ruadhan76

Postby wattkins » Sun May 29, 2011 1:28 pm

If nothing you say makes any difference in how he's acting, there isn't much you can do besides taking charge of your transportation arrangements. You can split the use of the car 50-50, make sure to always carry cash for bus fare, have a ride lined up for when you really need it, or look for a different husband who doesn't make empty promises.
wattkins

Postby kerman » Sun May 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Any man who leaves his wife stranded is a JACKA$$ it is one thing when you know he is not coming but something entirely different when he says he will be there to get you and does not show. I think his priorities are screwed up and in an effort to not fight or argue about this any longer the two of you need to sit and make a plan until you get another vehicle in the house.
kerman

Postby bartolomeo65 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:34 pm

You have three choices 1 Sit him down and have a really serious talk about how unfair he is being
2Do it to him a few times
3Leave the selfish bastard ( and take the car with you)
bartolomeo65

Postby skeggr » Sun May 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Wow this is beyond disrespectful... Its seems like he has no respect for you what so ever. how bout next time he doesn't come pick you up. Don't come home and turn your phone off. that will scare him. and if it doesn't then i would reevaulate how he really feels for you.
skeggr

Postby efraim » Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Uhm, I would be concerned of his "extracurricular" activities outside the marriage.
Try to not go anywhere for a while and see where HE goes. Because you'll be home you can keep better tabs on his whereabouts.
Or hire Cheaters.
efraim

Postby harkahome37 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Uhm, I would be concerned of his "extracurricular" activities outside the marriage.
Try to not go anywhere for a while and see where HE goes. Because you'll be home you can keep better tabs on his whereabouts.
Or hire Cheaters.
Why shouldnt he after all you enable him to continue his behaviour by not leaving him. All people will walk all over those who allow it to happen.
harkahome37

Postby ortun69 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:40 pm

You need to find out who his girlfriend is so you can call her and tell her to send him over.
ortun69

Postby nayati » Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 pm

If you don't want to be left stranded, get your own car.

You should be concerned about what he's doing in the hours that he's leaving you somewhere.
nayati

Next

Return to Money