Tax Refund Direct Deposit?

Postby hulbard » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 am

My refund is supposed to be direct deposited today. When it says this, does that mean it was supposed to go in at midnight last night? Or, will it go through sometime today, or midnight tonight? Anyone that did the direct deposit, PLEASE HELP! :) Thanks
hulbard

Postby athan15 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 am

If it is supposed to be direct deposited today, that's 11 Feb, then it only makes sense that it won't go into the account until tonight, and be available for spending tomorrow.
athan15

Postby celestine » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:51 am

If it is supposed to be direct deposited today, that's 11 Feb, then it only makes sense that it won't go into the account until tonight, and be available for spending tomorrow.
according to a tax prep web site they do deposits up until 11 am. i am waiting on mine as well. hope u see yours today> just found this hopTurbo Tax E-filers Refund Delay
Taxpayers who filed their tax returns electronically using Turbo Tax by Intuit may experience a delay in getting their refunds due to a ‘processing error’ by Turbo Tax. The Turbo Tax spokesperson, Julie Miller issued a statement:
“We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused these customers. We made a mistake and are doing everything we can to make it right. We are communicating directly with customers affected and of course, we’ve waived all TurboTax fees.”
This error affects possibly thousands of taxpayers who opted to receive their refunds via direct deposit. If you are one of the affected taxpayers, you will be receiving your tax refund by paper check instead. Furthermore, the IRS will mail your check approximately one week after the day you were scheduled to get your direct deposit.
e it helps
celestine

Postby flannagan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 am

If your date is 11 Feb then u should've received your refund early this morning (12:01 am.), but it may be delayed to later today or even next week.
flannagan

Postby bentleah72 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:56 am

If your date is 11 Feb then u should've received your refund early this morning (12:01 am.), but it may be delayed to later today or even next week.
If your message says DD today then it should be today. Since It's only 9:30 est. I would give it some more time. Most banks just open.

My refund was deposited today onto my H&R Block emerald card.
bentleah72

Postby tredway » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 am

Depends on your bank

It is early yet, and your bank may not have handled its wire transfers yet, some are very slow
IRS can wire DD up until middday

IRS says it does DD on Fridays, and gives you two Fridays, saying on Feb 11 or Feb 18
If there is a problem with your DD, then a paper check will be mailed, delaying refund 1-2 weeks
tredway

Postby eban » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 am

I was also suppose to get my DD today and nothing yet. Let us know when you get yours
eban

Return to Taxes