My tax refund was sent back to IRS on March 3rd, will i be able to call IRS on Monday with the correct account?

My tax refund was sent back to IRS on March 3rd, will i be able to call IRS on Monday with the correct account?

Postby eriyn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:13 pm

the acct it was sent has expired so dey sent it back to IRS, do i still have time to call IRS on monday to give them the correct account # and have it deposit instead of getting paper check?
eriyn

Postby arnon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Once a direct deposit has been declined for whatever reason the IRS will then issue a paper check. Expect to wait another 8 weeks or so. Just hope the address you put on the return is the correct one.
arnon

Postby heskovizenako » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:16 pm

No. The IRS will Mail you the check so expect a 3 week delay
heskovizenako

Postby paella37 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:17 pm

You can try but the Financial Management System of Treasury not the IRS issues electronic and paper checks. once the IRS processes them. FMS may look at the original information and send a paper check. Once you call the IRS 800.829.1040 have the correct information on a new page 2 of the 1040 and have it signed ready to fax to them. They will not change bank account numbers over he phone (otherwise a lot of money would be routed to one account!)
paella37

Postby starr21 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:19 pm

No way possible for you to change this process. After the IRS receives the rejected refund amount from the account holder they will process your refund amount out to you on a paper check from the United States Treasury Department and should look at your copy of your income tax return and make sure that you did enter your correct mailing address on your income tax return because that is where they be sending the check by mail to in about 3 or more weeks.
If you need to change the mailing address you might be able to do this at the where is my refund website when you go their to check on your refund.
Hope that you find the below enclosed Information useful and good luck to you
starr21

Postby penilyn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:22 pm

you have to wait for paper check only.. no other option..
penilyn

Return to Taxes