I'm too fat to get a job...?

Postby odwulf93 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:39 pm

You know how they say "Dress well" etc for a job interview?

Welll. My problem is that im too fat to get hired.

People descriminate against fat persons.

I need a job now but im trying to lose weight. I need to lose about 80 pounds to be in a good weight range.

How do I make employers look past my weight?
odwulf93

Postby mathe83 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Some clothes can make you look skinnier.
It's not about you being fat, but how you carry yourself.
People like confidence.
mathe83

Postby stillmann81 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

they can't... ur too big so they can't look past ur size...haha jk but seriously.... im in the same boat except for me its acne and no job experience lol....... keep on trying and work on the weight, which u already know.... its a tough market with the **** economy right now.
stillmann81

Postby dariell39 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Firstly, well done for looking for work. Please don't put yourself down, try to think positive. If you go into an interview with the attitude that you are to fat to work, the interviewer will pick it up. You should be thinking, I am curvey, classy, confident and ready for this job!

Make sure your resume is up to date and full of all your experience etc. Make getting ready for the job interview like a pamper session, as if you are going out with some friends. I am sure you have some clothes that look good on you. Pants and a nice blouse are always good, sensible shoes. Do you have a suit?

Be confident and clear when you speak, ask questions and do mock interviews with your friends to practse so that you are brimming with confidence when you go to the interview.

Good luck!!
dariell39

Postby mabsant » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Just present yourself well.
mabsant

Return to Jobs