I WANT TO TRAVEL THE WORLD HELPING PEOPLE WITH A GROUP, HOW TO CONTACT ONE?

Postby aaron94 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

i always wanted to travel the world and do communitarian job learning about other cultures. but i dont know where to find a group that does that. does anybody knows a website or phone number of one group of those?
aaron94

Postby johnny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

hey well im not sure i have an exact website or phone number but google volunteer abroad it will show you different organizations some are within a religious backround and some are just to help out with orphanages,woman empowerment,or health awarness and if you google volunteer abroad for free there are organizations that ofer free food and place to live at your destination hope i helped your doing a wonderfull thing im doing research mysel to leave abroad bye
johnny

Postby townly52 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Carol,

I like your attitude. Last year I travelled through Central and South America for 10 months and also did some volunteer work, but mostly I worked with abused animals in Bolivia. There are a bunch of volunteer websites in the U.S. that can hook you up as a volunteer in different countries, HOWEVER, most of them charge an arm and a leg. Some charge up to $ 4,000. a month, which is insane. You are much better off to go to a country of your choice and you will find lot's of opportunities for volunteer work in that country. When you go to a country in South America for example you should attend a language school for at least a few weeks to learn some Spanish. Most of these schools are associated with volunteer programs. Also, some larger hostels in South America are as well associated with volunteer groups. In South America you can figure around
$ 150.00/week to volunteer, which will include room and board.

In South America I stayed at the Loki Hostel in several countries, and this large hostel group is affilicated with several projects where volunteers are needed. Go to their website at:
www.lokihostel.com and find out more about it.

The place where I was a volunteer (working mostly with monkeys) is called "La Senda Verde", which is about 80 miles from La Paz in Bolivia (it is in the jungle). It cost about $ 125.00/week for the first 2 weeks, and thereafter $ 85.00/week including room on board. Their website ist:
www.sendaverde.com

If you like some more information let me know, however, I would have only tips for Latin America.

Have a great time.
townly52

Return to Jobs