What can I do to fix orange brassy hair after using Color Oops?

Postby nardo17 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:53 am

I had been using a semi-permanent dark cherry brown and wanted to go to a shade closer to my natural color (dark blonde, light brown), so I used Color Oops. My hair is now a light orange brassy color or like a light strawberry blonde. What can I do to fix this? I don't want to put dark color on my hair. Should I use a blue shampoo for a few days to see if it gets rid of the orange & brass color? Am I able to color it a sem-permanent or permanent dark blonde without getting rid of the orange & brass or will it show through? My hair isn't damaged (yet) and I don't want to do anything that will damage it! A salon is my last option because I'm short on cash!
nardo17

Postby akono10 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:55 am

You need to put a dye over it to eliminate brassiness. I would suggest L'Oreal Excellence or Preference hair colours in Light Ash Brown, if your hair is lighter than a brown right now than a Dark Ash blonde. A lot of people think using an ash will turn your hair green. This is only if your hair is much lighter than the colour you're putting over top or if your hair does not have any red or orange tone to it. (Example: Putting a Light Ash Brown over a light neutral blonde = green) I suggest leaving it on a couple minutes longer than suggested to ensure that your takes in the dye since you don't dye it often. After doing this it is a good idea to use a blue shampoo like Light Blue Shade to keep hair from going brassy in the future.

Try just putting one more over. You might have put something too light, try a light ash brown or dark ash blonde. I would try the Light Ash Brown just because you might need a bit darker to get rid of the auburn. Don't worry if it comes out a little dark. It will fade.
In the future just remember the colour wheel

blue is opposite to orange
green opposite to red
purple opposite to yellow

you need a cool shade to eliminate the warm shade.
akono10

Return to Money