What can I do with an associates degree in Human Services?

Postby twiford78 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:33 pm

I currently have no experience in the Human Services field but I will have some before I get my degree this year because I have to do a internship before I get my degree. Also, I plan to get my bachelor's degree in behavioral science once I am done with my associates degree. What kind of jobs can I get with these two degrees? Can anyone help me PLEASE?
twiford78

Postby anastasius51 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I've had my Associate's in Human Services for 15 years, and to be honest, with just an Associate's, there is really nothing much you can do...especially with no experience. In Human Services, they like the degree, but experience is much more important.. So I would suggest finding a part time job or volunteering. You will most definitely need the experience even more than the degree.

Some things you can do: Work in a homeless shelter as an aide, group home for the mentally retarded, day care centers for either adults or children, work with immigrants...

Even with a bachelor's degree, they are likely to choose someone with years of experience over someone with a degree only.

Your best bet, if you plan to work in Human Services is to get your Master's.
anastasius51

Return to Jobs