What companies hire 14 year olds in New York state?

Postby paden » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

I would like to get a job this summer. I am 14 years old, and very mature for my age. I am just wondering what companies will hire me and what kind of jobs can a 14 year old do?

Thanks
paden

Postby kagen50 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 pm

I would like to get a job this summer. I am 14 years old, and very mature for my age. I am just wondering what companies will hire me and what kind of jobs can a 14 year old do?

Thanks
None that I know of. It is against the law to hire children and as mature as you say you are legally you are still a child. Look around your community and weigh what you can do with with what people will pay you for. There is no law that says you can't work for yourself. My son mowed lawns and did yard work when he was your age. Make up some fliers or put your name on a bulletin board in town offering your services. Insist on payment after each job don't be put off. If they don't pay don't go back until they do. There are people who take advantage of young people

Maybe there is some other service you can do. Put your thinking cap on and look around.
kagen50

Return to Jobs