What kind of credit score do I need to have to get a VA home loan?

Postby ephron » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 pm

I live in Colorado and I'd like to get into a home in the near future using a VA loan. I've had some bad credit in the past but started working on it for the purposes of buying a home. I have a score in the 620's and was trying to get an idea of where I needed to be at to qualify for a VA loan and what my interest rate might be for someone with my credit score. Any input would be awesome. Thanks!
ephron

Postby rent74 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:26 pm

680 and that will take you about 2 yrs to clean up your credit.
rent74

Postby newell80 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Credit scores are not a major factor in a VA mortgage loan approval. You should attempt to get the very best credit score possible as it would be an indicator of how you pay your monthly debts.

There is no one that would be able to tell you your interest rate even if we knew your credit score as there are other factors that would go into your interest rate.

I don't know when you plan to purchase your house, however, it would be to your benefit to contact a local mortgage company that does VA mortgage loans, apply for a VA mortgage loan pre-approval. In doing this the mortgage company would obtain a credit report with your exact scores. If you are qualified then you would be issued a pre-approval letter, indicating the amount of house you are qualified to purchase, the interest rate and several other things you would find of interest to you.

Your pre-approval would normally be good for approximately 90 days, with the possibility of an
additional 90 days. You might not use it at all.

If you are not qualified your loan officer would be able to tell you the necessary things you would need to do to become qualified. They might even have a referral to a company that might assist you.

Either way you would know where you stand in obtaining a VA mortgage loan.

Getting a VA loan would put you in a position that would not require a down payment on your part. Also you might ask the seller to pay all closing cost. This is called a VA no no. You would be required to pay recurring closing cost those things that you would have to pay each year such as county taxes and insurance.

Make sure you inquire of all your rights and benefits of obtaining your VA mortgage loan. The more information you have concerning your rights as a veteran, you would make more intelligent decisions.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"
newell80

Postby mikolaus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Credit scores are not a major factor in a VA mortgage loan approval. You should attempt to get the very best credit score possible as it would be an indicator of how you pay your monthly debts.

There is no one that would be able to tell you your interest rate even if we knew your credit score as there are other factors that would go into your interest rate.

I don't know when you plan to purchase your house, however, it would be to your benefit to contact a local mortgage company that does VA mortgage loans, apply for a VA mortgage loan pre-approval. In doing this the mortgage company would obtain a credit report with your exact scores. If you are qualified then you would be issued a pre-approval letter, indicating the amount of house you are qualified to purchase, the interest rate and several other things you would find of interest to you.

Your pre-approval would normally be good for approximately 90 days, with the possibility of an
additional 90 days. You might not use it at all.

If you are not qualified your loan officer would be able to tell you the necessary things you would need to do to become qualified. They might even have a referral to a company that might assist you.

Either way you would know where you stand in obtaining a VA mortgage loan.

Getting a VA loan would put you in a position that would not require a down payment on your part. Also you might ask the seller to pay all closing cost. This is called a VA no no. You would be required to pay recurring closing cost those things that you would have to pay each year such as county taxes and insurance.

Make sure you inquire of all your rights and benefits of obtaining your VA mortgage loan. The more information you have concerning your rights as a veteran, you would make more intelligent decisions.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"
If you want to qualify for a mortgage, AND actually be able to hang onto your house, you need:
- credit scores of at least 680-700;
- minimum 3 years track record on the job;
- 20% cash down payment, plus all closing costs, plus 3-6 months of reserves;
- no past-due bills, no collection accounts, low or no debt, car loan (if any) at least 1-2 years old with no late payments.

Max price: 2 to 2.5 times annual income. So if you earn $100,000/yr, you can go $200,000=250,000 on a house if you have the 20% down.

People with less than this are finding that even an "approved" mortgage ends up with last-minute glitches and is unfunded at close. This never used to happen! But if it happens to you, that's a very costly nightmare.

Worse, with house prices still declining, less than 20% down means you cannot afford the house and could end up underwater within a year. Banks/lenders are moving back to tradition lending criteria and traditional affordability guidelines because anything less stringent is a potential disaster for the borrower as well as the lender. If you cannot meet all the above, how fast do you want to lose your new home? 12 months? 18 months? That's happening to people who wanted to jump on the bandwagon and buy in a hurry. Marry in haste, repent at leisure. That's not just about marriage!
mikolaus

Postby veniamin60 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello My Dear,

i am Linda Giorno from Los Angele's in United State of America am testifying of a company that have human feeling and God fearing person, who i meet in yahoo answer in not less than 48 hours ,i was looking for a private company where i can get a loan of about 190,000usdollars.so i saw someone testifying for a company that give her a loan of about 60,000usdollars within 24 banking hours’ contact the company because i don't believe in testimony, so i just say let me try if the company can help out of my financial problem, Mr. John Robinson mail me and he said i should fill the form that was send to me that will enable them proceed on the loan immediately and i did. So to my greatest surprise the loan was transfer to my bank account not less than 24 hour. I don't know the kind of financial problem that you are having or you are have a dream of having your own house. this is the company that can make your dream email them today at

Email>>>> johnrobinsonloan@hotmail.com
veniamin60

Postby austyn72 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 pm

I had basically the same situation recently. save time & take a look at here - url_not_allowed.thelowscorehome.tk
austyn72

Postby kelwyn67 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Dear Friend,
I am Mrs. Joy Morgan from Canada Ottawa, I saw that you are really in need of loan, if you will ask me I would have refer you to Mr. Joe Alen Fast Loan Firm,they are one of the best and legit company that I know of giving out loan in a very low interest and stress free without any scams I'm a Canadian I'll not direct my own person to be indulge in scammers,if really you are interested of a loan you can contact Mr. Joe Alen via Email: mr_joealen@live.com, I wish you the best of luck.
Regards
Mrs. Joy Morgan
kelwyn67

Postby piers14 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:35 pm

looking for a loan is good but getting a legitimate lender is the problem.i am MR. Della Wesley, from the City of New York. i have been scam several times by fraudsters who claim to be a money lender. recently a friend of mine,introduce me to this legit loan company that help me with the 630,000usd.,at first i thought it was a joke not until i saw ,the money in my bank account,so i want to inform any one that is looking a place to take a loan,should please contact this loan company via this EMAIL... kevingloballoanfirm@yahoo.co.uk

Loan beneficiary
Della Wesley.
piers14

Return to Loans