What do i put for Objective for a resume?

Postby corday » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:08 pm

im just looking for any job, my first one that is and all i put was seeking full time or part time employment. is that ok ? or should i just leave it blank if not what should i put
corday

Postby selden » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:10 pm

This is probably the most important part of your resume.

I would get pretty specific about where I want to go and what I want to become, but by doing so, you will turn off some potential employers. Even so, the ones who contact you will know they can offer you something in line with your goals. Additionally, a specific objective indicates that you have well defined goals and perhaps you are a person who will be determined enough to achieve what you set out to do. Which translates - if an employer gives you a goal, you will also achieve it.
selden

Postby anastasius51 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:11 pm

I heard the objective portion of the resume is practically obsolete. I'd just delete it. obviously if you are sending a resume, your objective is to obtain employment.
anastasius51

Postby norward96 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Horsinround is correct. You should not include an Objective anymore. Obviously the company will know you're seeking a job from them in a particular field. They can deduce that much simply from the fact that you gave them your resume. All it is doing is taking away valuable space from your Experience, Education, Organizations, Qualifications, and Honors, which is what the company really needs to know. Since it is generally agreed that you should turn in a Cover Letter with your Resume, it is in the Cover Letter where you can let them know your intentions, and about yourself in general.
norward96

Return to Jobs