When does Irs update their system for refunds?

Postby hezekiah20 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:04 pm

My status says my refund should be expected by Feb 1, which I know from the past means it will be paid out by Friday January 28th. Their refund cycle chart says the same thing. Turbo Tax and SBBT say the same thing. I just called and she said she shows that no deposit will be made this week. She said they update on Mondays and so I won't get it. Anyone else have this happen? I thought they updated on Wed?
hezekiah20

Postby baldrick » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I am hearing the next update is Wed or rather Tonight early tomorrow.
baldrick

Postby ahndray62 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Oh. I heard that they needed about six weeks. But that was about 3 weeks ago. But the news advised people who usually file early, NOT to do that this year because of all the new tax laws.
ahndray62

Postby lennon41 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

They did update last night about 3am pacific time. I personally think they are updating every or most of every night.
Do not go by what you hear, according to those people there were supposed to be NO deposits until the 28th.. I guess the IRS proved that "Theory" wrong too.

I had one IRS agent tell me mine was deposited on the 21rst.. Called my bank to raise hell.. called the IRS back and the damn agent that I had read it wrong and there was no deposit yet..

Always double check anything that is told to you and don't put in stone anything you hear from what you ask.
Hope this helps, I am going by what I have been told and what really happened.
lennon41

Return to Taxes