When does WHERES MY REFUND update?

Postby ahane » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 pm

My efile was accepted by the IRS on Jan 16th,2011.I used turbo tax.As of this morning,the 24th,i see nothing on the WHERES MY REFUND site nor on the IRS hotline>
Why?
All i get is that it was received and it is being processed.If there are no processing errors,i should receive my refund on Feb 1,2011?But that is their standard message.Its supposed to change to show about your DD?
Is anyone else going thru this as of today?
Im a little concerned.When does it update?
ahane

Postby dunn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I just got a $949.95 Dell laptop (17 inch) for $137.32 and if you think that's an awesome deal, my neighbor just got a 42 inch HDTV for $76.25 that's being delivered tomorrow to his house. It feels great not to pay high retail like the rest of the people. I am even selling some of the stuff at retail to my co-workers making 10 times my money back. Check out the site we found, go to GoWinBids.com
dunn

Postby fitch28 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm

I just got a $949.95 Dell laptop (17 inch) for $137.32 and if you think that's an awesome deal, my neighbor just got a 42 inch HDTV for $76.25 that's being delivered tomorrow to his house. It feels great not to pay high retail like the rest of the people. I am even selling some of the stuff at retail to my co-workers making 10 times my money back. Check out the site we found, go to GoWinBids.com
It updates on late Sunday nights and late Wensday nights. Check Thursday morning. You may get your refund before it updates, that happened a lot last year.
fitch28

Postby devereau » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Most like it will update on Wednesday before the deposit date that Friday.
Why are you really concerned anyway? Just wait no matter what you will get it this friday the 28th of jan.

If you were on the new CADE system you would have gotten the money in your bank already or by tuesday the 25th
devereau

Postby cwentun » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 pm

It would seem if it has not changed for us today we should try Wednesday or Thursday. That is when it changed last year.
cwentun

Postby erich36 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Probably be next Monday February 1 before you get any definite good information about your refund amount since the tentative schedule is supposed be this coming Friday January 28 2011 for the direct deposit and the mailing of the REFUND amounts for the income tax returns that they have received and accepted since January 16 late Sunday afternoon when they started accepting the efiled income tax returns that were NOT delayed until the possible February 14 start filing date for the types of tax form that have been delayed because of the late action that was taken by our great elected officials in late December 2010 which has caused the delays in the tax filing season of some types of income tax returns.
Go to the www.irs.gov website and use the search box for 2011 IRS e-file Refund Cycle Chart Publication 2043

url_not_allowed.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf

Based on the date your return was accepted by the IRS, the earliest your refund will be direct deposited or mailed is shown on the chart below. This is a projected date based on normal processing. On the Wednesday prior to the projected date, you can go to www.irs.gov and click on where’s My Refund? To get any changes to the projected date.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful
erich36

Return to Taxes