Where can I buy an International Money order in the US, in US dollars to be cashed in CANADA?

Where can I buy an International Money order in the US, in US dollars to be cashed in CANADA?

Postby alston » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 am

I'm paying my Canadian Visa bill but my Visa card is a special card that is in US dollars. I used to buy it at the post office here in LA, but they've suspended this. And I've asked banks (Chase and Citibank) and they don't do it anymore either... where else can I buy an INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER? It shouldn't be this hard!
alston

Postby alvaro » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:50 am

US Post Office for sure! They have money orders accepted in many (but not all) countries. Canada being a neighboring country.. I know they FOR SURE have a money order for you. ^^
I know places like Walmart and CVS sell money orders as well, I'm not certain whether it's domestic only. I usually pay rent with a domestic money order from Walmart which costs me 60 cents. If they have international MO as well, I would imagine it's not that expensive. I know they do money transfers at Walmart, but I'm not sure which are the best places for best prices. Call customer service to ask!

***ADD***

Oh, also, here's a link to USPS about international money orders:
url_not_allowed.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/sendmoneyinternationally.htm
alvaro

Return to Money