Which School is better, GW or Tulane?

Postby cesar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm

I Have been accepted at bother with huge scholarships, so money isn't an issue. I am interested in studying English and History. I don't know which school seems more reputable, and am tied between both. I want to go to a school that is fun, but is also not looked down upon as a "party school" because I am very serious about my academics.
cesar

Postby farnley » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

I Have been accepted at bother with huge scholarships, so money isn't an issue. I am interested in studying English and History. I don't know which school seems more reputable, and am tied between both. I want to go to a school that is fun, but is also not looked down upon as a "party school" because I am very serious about my academics.
George Washington University information
1) Accepts 32% of applicants
2) 35% of undergraduates declare their major as social sciences
*This is the highest percentage
3) Ranked 51st

With a low acceptance of 32% and a decent rank of 51, I wouldn't look down upon this college and I wouldn't view it as a party school.

Tulane University information
1) 26% of applicants accepted
2) 23% of undergraduates declare their major as business/marketing
*This is the most popular
3) Ranked 51st

I wouldn't view Tulane university as a party school or look down upon it because it has about the same standards as George Washington. Here's how I would break the tie. If you haven't visited the college campus yet, take a visit and get a feel for the atmosphere and see which one you like the most. Both are located in big urban cities. George Washington University is in Washington DC and Tulane is in New Orleans, Louisiana. These are two very different cities and you'll want to see where you feel the best.

Blessings
farnley

Postby timoteo25 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:37 pm

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance with scholarship.

Geographic region may be the deciding factor for you. I would recommend you to choose a school that is closer from your home home. If you reside in DC, choose GW. If you reside in Lousiana, choose Tulane.

As much as you are serious with your academic, for your undergrad, I always suggest students to choose a closer proximity from the home. This would help you not only psychologically, but also academically (by taking summer schools in cc).

Personally, I would choose GW over Tulane.
timoteo25

Return to Scholarships / Money For College