Why does the US always feel a need to get involved in foreign countries matters?

Why does the US always feel a need to get involved in foreign countries matters?

Postby athelstan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 am

I don't get involved in poltics much (more of a sports guy) but I'm don't get it.

Doesn't the US have their own problems?

Aren't we over 14 trillion dollars in debt?
Aren't we over a trillion dollars into the Iraq War?
Don't we have an unemployment rate over 9%?

Yet we are still going into Egypt's problems.

What do we expect back, help in one of our war's? Yeah right.

I just don't get it.
athelstan

Postby dagon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:07 am

Violence, Pedophile s**, and Terrorism are our main exports
dagon

Postby simpson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 am

World Peace and Stability
simpson

Postby giacomo53 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 am

America only likes to stay isolationist till they see market-capabilities. They just like to keep everything under their control.
giacomo53

Postby deutsch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 am

We have the reputation of sticking our noeses where they don't belong. Always will be like that.
deutsch

Postby hoat34 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 am

I would venture most citizens don't feel any need at all to become involved in the business of other nations...only the "leaders" feel this need.... How's that for an oxymoron....Government leaders?....while we're all on the soap box, why do these same leaders feel the overwhelming need to interpret the documents which founded our country, simply to bend them to their own needs and desires?....Doesn't sound like the democracy I grew up with and faithfully defended for 23 years....
hoat34

Postby dhoire82 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:19 am

The great powers have always involved themselves in the affairs of lesser powers. It just goes with being a superpower.
dhoire82

Postby aland » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 am

Because we are such an arrogant nation that we have to impose our way on everybody else. No sense fixing our own problems when we can try and fix someone elses. Our people are important enough for D.C. to care about.
aland

Postby hunt24 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

Cause for the past 100 years we've always helped out less fortunate countries by giving them money, or setting up a good working government. However, then we are expected to keep doing and doing for them, like a baby sitter. And if we don't, we're told how "evil" we are by other countries for not helping.
hunt24

Postby riddoc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 am

Because that's what israel wants and the U.S. government is the lapdog of israel.
riddoc

Next

Return to Debt Management