Why hasn't my return been accepted yet?

Postby garwood » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am

I e-filed 2 tax returns at 12:30 am Jan 14,2011 thru h & r block home online. They were transmitted but it is over the 48 hrs and still has not been accepted by the irs. Is there a hold up for the weekend and holiday tomorrow? has anyone else gotten an acceptance email yet? I filed someone else's around 2:00 pm today and got a reject from the IRS at 8:30 pm. Not sure if I got a response quickly on that because it needed to be paperfiled.....Just worried :)
garwood

Postby akiba » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 am

I also used HR block home online and still havent heard anything yet, hang in there im sure we will hear something soon
akiba

Postby uchdryd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 am

accepting only began on Jan. 14, the 15th and 16th are not working days and the 17th is a national holiday
uchdryd

Postby oliverios73 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:01 am

they might now be working days but the computer doesn't shut down
oliverios73

Postby huarwar33 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 am

they might now be working days but the computer doesn't shut down
I have gotten only an email from Metabank not the IRS confirming like I expected. I efiled using Turbo Tax online Deluxe and it was to be sent the 14th. Seems they did not get it sent until the 16th, today but as long as they sent it and that email was right I am expecting my deposit around the 28th. Hope you get a confirmation soon.
huarwar33

Postby deacon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:07 am

Another thing that you may be aware of since you already have 1 rejected 1040 federal income tax already and you said that it had to filed on paper probably because of the type of tax return it is and some form that the IRS will not have available until the after the middle of February 2011 because of the end of the year 2010 tax law changes to some items. So I would also suggest that you use the irs.gov website and try and see if you can get updated on what is taking place in the income tax preparation system today NOW and yesterday and since September 2010.
Delayed filing
The IRS just started the process of accepting and sending out the acknowledgments and in case you are NOT aware of the requirement that a paid tax return has for this tax year filing in the tax year 2011 I would suggest that you go to the www.irs.gov website and look at Renew Your PTIN Now
IRS now requires paid tax preparers to use a PTIN. Don’t forget yours.

url_not_allowed.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=229602,00.html?portlet=7

The PTIN requirement is one of the main provisions in a new oversight program to help regulate the tax preparation industry. Anyone paid to prepare all or substantially all of any federal tax return or claim for refund must have a PTIN. The requirement applies to all tax return preparers, including those who are enrolled agents, certified public accountants and attorney

url_not_allowed.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=234483,00.html

IRS e-file Launches Today; Most Taxpayers Can File Immediately
The IRS also announced today it anticipates starting to process tax returns impacted by December’s tax law changes by mid-February. The IRS continues working to reprogram its computers to reflect new tax law changes enacted by Congress and signed by the President in December.
Generally, taxpayers who itemize their deductions by using Schedule A, who claim the higher education tuition and fees deduction or who claim the educator expense deduction must wait a few more weeks to file their returns. Based on historical filing patterns, the IRS anticipates the delay impacts about 9 million taxpayers; in 2010, the IRS received more than 141 million tax returns. While the delay impacts both paper and electronic tax returns, most taxpayers can file immediately. More details are available on IRS.gov.
Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful
deacon

Postby geraghty60 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 am

I e-filed using turbo-tax on jan. 14th and mine got accepted on Jan, 16th at 8:30AM Eastern time. Hope This helps!
geraghty60

Postby finnur » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:13 am

I also filed with h&r block yesterday and haven't heard anything and then filed today for my brother and sister in law through turbo tax and theirs has been accepted already. Maybe it's just something with h&r block.
finnur

Return to Taxes