Why do women want to settle with nice guys?

Postby seme » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 pm

I was ignored by women in high school and college, because i was a nice guy or basically a geek. Now i am 34 years old and I have my own business. I own a landscaping company that is worth alot, so i make around 475,000 per year which is alright. Now women are starting to notice me, maybe its because i dress better or have a Mercedes-Benz S-Class and I just bought a Aston Martin DB9. Or maybe that are attracted to my 6 bedroom house, i don't know but they like money and thats what i know.

I am tired of American woman approaching me when i was invisible to them in the past. I am the same person as i was before, why give me attention now. So far i am only interested in forieng women. I dated an Brazilian woman and she loves me. I never showed the Brazillean woman my wealth and she still likes me. So why do women only want to settle with nice guys.
seme

Postby morgen4 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm

You weren't ignored by women in high school. You were ignored by immature silly little girls who didn't think past next weekend's party. You can't compare the maturity or values of a child in her teens with those of a woman in her 30s. If you're happy with your Brazilian girlfriend, more power to you, but dismissing all woman of your own country altogether is about as mature as those girls in high school I mentioned earlier. As for trying to erase past hurts by listing all the expensive cars you own, that's just pathetic. You sound like you have achieved success in your professional life and made something of yourself. Good for you. Now stop living in the past.
morgen4

Postby tye25 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:30 pm

You sound like such a tool.
tye25

Postby jorell » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm

No woman wants to be married to a douchebag is the short answer.

Perhaps if you were ignored by women in high school and college, you were looking at the wrong women?

You seem to flaunt more of the materialistic items you have, rather than what you have to offer as a person.

I have dated men who make more than you and also men who make much less, their financial status wasn't a factor. I don't need a man to take care of me or provide for me - I can do that myself. I cared more about how someone treated me, money can only do so much.
jorell

Postby bran28 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Because they know that with a nice guy, it is less likely forgiven to be cheated on or get heart broken. You're both. You've got the personality and the wealth. They know it'll be good to settle down with you because you have the money to raise a healthy family and you'll also treat them well as you are nice :)
bran28

Postby wilburn » Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 pm

women want to settle down with nice guys because they have matured enough to realize that a pretty face or a built body is not enough for a lifetime of happiness, so they look for a nice guy who has something going for him in life.

i will say that from what you wrote, it doesn't seem that you are such a nice guy.
wilburn

Postby weston8 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Either you're meeting the wrong women, or you have an over-inflated sense of your own worth. I own my own home, and take care of myself. I date a man because of who he is, not what he has. In fact, I usually AVOID wealthy men because I find them overbearing and conceited. Kind of the way your post makes YOU sound.
weston8

Postby arion37 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Women liking "nice guys" later on in life is all part of growing up and maturing. There's a lot of logic behind it. In middle school through even parts of college, most girls are too young to have to worry about or even understand dating nice, intelligent boys that'll end up being successful later on in life. Instead they are more concerned over dating boys that have more of an ego in oder for them to stay "popular." After all, you can't blame them because that's the way most teenagers are and they don't need to worry over seriously dating at that age. Later on in life as girls mature into women they learn that in order to maintain an enjoyable relationship and lifestyle they must find a companion that treats them correctly and has a good head on their shoulders when it comes to work ethic and finance. It's nothing to be offended about or anything against you, it's just girls maturing and understanding what they really want and need in life.
arion37

Postby osama49 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 pm

we grow out of the bad boy stage - we want a man.someone who will be there for us,treat us right and provide for his family.its all good waiting for the phone to ring in case its him when a woman is in her teens or early 20s,but when a woman starts thinking about the future and getting married and having kids,the guy who calls when hes bored is suddenly boring
osama49

Postby stoney » Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm

if thats the case then why not go out with a woman who makes as much money as you or is on the same "level" as you socially
stoney

Next

Return to Money