My 19 year old daughter just lost her virginity to a 30 year old man. Is she a slut? What should I do to her?

My 19 year old daughter just lost her virginity to a 30 year old man. Is she a slut? What should I do to her?

Postby faraji9 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Her father says that we should stop paying her tuition and stop paying her car insurance for her. She has a job, but most of it goes to her rent at her apartment. If we stopped paying her tuition and her car insurance, her life would be ruined. Should we do it?
faraji9

Postby domhnull » Thu May 12, 2011 4:20 pm

she is 19, she is a adult, its her decision who she wants to have s** with im sure you know that. You need to keep paying her intution and her car insurance, now if she went and married the guy then i would stop paying for her stuff because she would be a married woman, but all she did was have s** with him, having s** with him doesnt mean he is going to pay her bills for her., i dont think she is a slut, being a slut means your dirty and sleeping with one guy that is 30 isnt dirty now if she slept with 30 guys that would be slutty. Dont do anything to her treat her like your daughter, like it never happened. And her father is probably just saying that because that is his little girl, and she isnt a virgin anymore, he will get over that.
domhnull

Postby garrett » Thu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm

she is 19, she is a adult, its her decision who she wants to have s** with im sure you know that. You need to keep paying her intution and her car insurance, now if she went and married the guy then i would stop paying for her stuff because she would be a married woman, but all she did was have s** with him, having s** with him doesnt mean he is going to pay her bills for her., i dont think she is a slut, being a slut means your dirty and sleeping with one guy that is 30 isnt dirty now if she slept with 30 guys that would be slutty. Dont do anything to her treat her like your daughter, like it never happened. And her father is probably just saying that because that is his little girl, and she isnt a virgin anymore, he will get over that.
garrett

Postby evert » Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

No of course she's not a slut! A) she's 19 so it IS legal for her to have s**, regadless of the mans age and B) she's slept with one man! To me a 'slut' is someone who has slept with numerous men/women. Don't stop paying her tuition and whatever, she's an adult and part of being an adult (whether you like it or not) is having sexual relationships. I understand if you would prefer her to wait until she's married but that is her decision, you can sit her down and have a grown up discussion on the matter but overall it is up to her.
evert

Postby wilford17 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:25 pm

To be honest thats quite an age difference but your daughter is of the legal age to have s**! As a mother I think that may be you should be a bit more supportive, How do you know she wasn't pressured into it; Seeing as she's is only nineteen and he is thirty? Obviously your daughter can think for herself but you just don't know! She may now be regreting her actions, again.. Another thing you wouldnt know UNLESS you'd spoken to her! Refusing to pay her tution isn't going to solve anything either, I understand you must be angry but think about it? All you'll be doing is taking her education away which you would later regret when she doesn't have any decent qualifications or career.. Because of your doing!
wilford17

Postby bardric93 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Oh my....On a personal note I was 19 when I married my husband who at the time was 35. Meaning he is 15 years older then me. We get along as any other married couple should with 2 kids.
Anyway, just because she lost her virginity to an older man means nothing. You have to remember she is 19 legally an adult. As for slut, remember slut is a person that has s** with anyone or has multiple partners without need for a relationship. She has had s** once and this man may be her boyfriend, so the term isn't slut.
As for cutting her payments, that is up to you and your husband, personally I would politely ask about this man first before going to such drastic measures. In all reality she hasn't done anything wrong. Just 2 adults having s**, nothing wrong with that.
bardric93

Postby arvil48 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:28 pm

her love life is her own private business. Since you already pay the tuition, and goes to school, and her insurance, and she works, then she is growing up and finding out about life. The real concern you should always stress to her, is that she will want a man that treats her good. That is about as much as any parent should get involved in a grown up daughter or son's personal life. My answer is No, do not stop helping her have a better life, and deny her living the life as an adult. I think the man a bit old for her myself, however, if he treats her good, and they are still together by the time she is 21 , then I would say that they might be wanting to spend their future together, as they get to know each other as best friends and lovers.
arvil48

Postby patton24 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:30 pm

I don't think you should worry about her. She is just learning about life. She will be fine. I think you should support her college education and her car insurance since it's hard for her to support herself 100% when she is in college. If you take away your support it will just make her need an older man even more because she will need his financial support. Just be kind and supportive and she will become a wiser person in time. Kids always end up going with their parents values in the end.
patton24

Postby denney82 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:31 pm

If your daughter lost her virginity at 19 to a 30 year old, first you should be thankful this didn't happen when she was 16, second you should be thankful she has a job and goes to college/university. No she's not a slut. you live in america. your kid is being raised here. I don't know where you immigrated from but that how United States is. people have freedom. and if you think its wrong for her to have s** before marriage or at an older age then maybe you should give her more love, care and kindness so she doesn't look for it in strangers.Correct the way you raise your children.
DON'T EVER CALL YOUR OWN CHILD A SLUT! EVER!
Instead of educating your daughter about s** and safe s** you want to make her life miserable. Im very sorry for her to have parents like you.
denney82

Postby burdon21 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:34 pm

n shes not a sl** and you shouldnt stop paying for her schooling. thats kind of wrong i mean she is an adult an although i dont like big age differences either that does not mean shes a ****. and if shes been in a relationship with the guy thats a little better i mean she has only been with one man and she was honest to you i think you could understand more than her father because if it was his son who was 19 and got a thirty year old hed probably secretly give him a high five!! you just have to relize shes an adult shes growing up and your going to have to let her make her own mistakes
burdon21

Next

Return to Jobs